- A PHP package, which provides support for parsing Vite's manifest, Blade directives, and helper functions.
- A Node package, which leverages Laravel's configuration to integrate with Vite's, and provides Blade file hot module replacement support.
- A Preset, which makes it easy to install Vite in a fresh Laravel project, with a single command.
Laravel comes with Laravel Mix, an abstraction of Webpack. It is a well-known and battle-tested bundler, but Vite takes a different approach to improve the experience of front-end development. You can learn the details on its documentation.
That means that Laravel Vite is a replacement for Laravel Mix.
- The Laravel package requires PHP 7.4 or greater.
- Vite requires Node 12.0.0 or greater.
- Vite requires native ESM dynamic import support during development.
- The production build assumes a baseline support for native ESM via script tags. Vite does not perform any compatibility transpilation by default. Legacy browsers can be supported via the official @vitejs/plugin-legacy.